This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com or write to:
Data Protection Officer
Payroll Plus Limited
Barette Commercial Centre,
La Route du Mont Mado, St John
Jersey, JE3 4DS
This notice sets out how Payroll Plus Limited will process your personal information (as a Data Controller).
Payroll Plus is registered under local Data Protection Law and may retain your Personal Data collected from you in electronic, paper or other filing systems.
When processing your Personal Data there will be times where Payroll Plus acts in the capacity of a data controller (as defined under applicable Data Protection Law).
Please note that the following terms set out below will apply to the way in which Payroll Plus processes your Personal Data when acting as a data controller.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing
Payroll Plus may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Payroll Plus will itself (or through a third party e.g. credit reference agency) process certain information about you or your directors, officers and employees and your beneficial owners (if applicable) in order to carry out credit checks and anti-money laundering checks and related actions which Payroll Plus considers appropriate to meet any legal obligations imposed on Payroll Plus relating to the prevention of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption, tax evasion and to prevent the provision of financial and other services to persons who may be subject to economic or trade sanctions, on an on-going basis, in accordance with Payroll Plus’s anti-money laundering procedures;
- to provide the Services to you and/or for Payroll Plus’s internal administration;
- to monitor and record calls and electronic communications for investigation and fraud prevention purposes, for crime detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution, and to enforce or defend Payroll Plus and its affiliates’ rights, itself or through third parties to whom it delegates such responsibilities or rights in order to comply with a legal obligation imposed on Payroll Plus; and
- to monitor and record calls for quality, business analysis, training and related purposes in order to pursue the legitimate interests of Payroll Plus to improve its service delivery and which are necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or which are necessary for Payroll Plus’s legitimate interests indicated above.
Recipients of data and international transfer of data
Payroll Plus may disclose your personal information as follows:
- to credit reference agencies (e.g. Experian) in order to carry out money laundering, credit and identity checks and comply with legal obligations;
- to third party vendors in order to process the data for the above mentioned purposes, such as IT providers;
- to competent authorities, courts and bodies as required by law or requested or to affiliates for internal investigations and reporting; and
- Your Personal Data is only processed in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws and in order to maintain an appropriate level of protection over that Personal Data. Please contact Payroll Plus’s Data Protection Lead for further details, including copies of the standard contractual clauses referred to above (see further contact details below).
Payroll Plus will retain your personal information for six years or any longer term required for it and its Affiliates to perform the Services and/or as required by Data Protection or other applicable law.
Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your Personal Data:
- right to access your Personal Data;
- right to rectify your Personal Data;
- right to restrict the use of your Personal Data;
- right to request that your Personal Data is erased;
- right to object to processing of your Personal Data; and
- right to data portability.
Where you have provided your consent to processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Payroll Plus by writing to our Data Protection Lead stating that you withdraw your consent.
Where Payroll Plus requires your Personal Data to comply with KYC or other legal requirements, failure to provide this information means Payroll Plus may not be able to provide the Services.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. ( https://oicjersey.org/ or +44 1534 716530)
Data Protection Lead – contact details
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Data, please contact the Data Protection Lead, Tim Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at Payroll Plus, Barette Commercial Centre,
La Route du Mont Mado, St John, Jersey, JE3 4DS (+44 (0) 1534 523691).
Payroll Plus may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2017
What We Collect
We may collect the following information should we provide you with any of our Services:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- bank account details
- information required to identify you such as photographic identification and proof of address to meet local anti-money laundering requirements
Should you subscribe to receive any updates from our website, news or research, we may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Website usage data
Other information relevant to client enquiries.
We may also collect website usage data in the form of cookies.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Subject to receipt of “opt-in consent” we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 and Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017
What is a cookie?
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017 as amended and the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Payroll Plus Limited, Barette Commercial Centre, La Route du Mont Mado, St John, Jersey, JE3 4DS
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.